• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to Jersey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Jersey

So it looks like I'm moving to Jersey for good in a couple of months.

While I transition into getting some work over there Client co has asked me to stay here and do 3 days in the office and 2 from The Rock which is doable.

Question is with a UK LTD structure and the fact I'll have a different address (Offshore), What ways are there to play this?

FYI: Currently asked my accountant who said they will get back to me.

Anyone else got any experience in this?

Last edited by vadhert; 15 May 2018, 07:44.
    Polishing a turd near you!!

Any of these help?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour....0.BnXNLtimshw
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You have the opportunity to quit contracting and start a scheme.

All you need to do is have a kid, name him 'Quentin Charles', print a copy of the contracts, set it on the floor, and hold him over it without a nappy at the most appropriate time of day.

Once he does what babies do, you can say 'QC Approved!' and you are, ahem, good to go, in a manner of speaking.

Comment

Ok I'll head for the most aggressive scheme available. Who's doing 90+% ?

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
          Ok I'll head for the most aggressive scheme available. Who's doing 90+% ?

Any of them. Just make them bid against each other.

I’ve never used a scheme but I did enjoy negotiating them up to 92% before refusing.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
          X