• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sports personality of the year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports personality of the year

Some royal bint on a horse WTF?

Joe Calzaghe, Ricky Hatton, Phil the Power Taylor all more deserving.

Oh no Gymkhana wins out FFS

The voting public must have thought they were voting for x-factor
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss

Isnt there a thread already on this?

Comment

She won because she was the best bit of totty on show, and despite the fact that she happens also to be posh (not fashionable these days as there are so many wealthy middle class who either envy the breeding of the aristocracy, or look at the upper classes as a convenient group to despise in order to rid themselves of their own guilt)
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        She won because she was the best bit of totty on show, and despite the fact that she happens also to be posh (not fashionable these days as there are so many wealthy middle class who either envy the breeding of the aristocracy, or look at the upper classes as a convenient group to despise in order to rid themselves of their own guilt)
        How is she more deserving than those listed above? Sportmen at the top of their game for years. Sportsmen renown on the world stage.

I don't care if she's posh or not, the result is typical of the x-factor generation dumbed down public.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

She won presumably because she actually won a championship in what is a very demanding sport. She won the European championship and Burghleigh (spelling?) which I understand were the two main horse events of the year.

That is the sport bit taken care of, and in terms of personality as I said, she was the best bit of totty on show.

No brainer as far as I am concerned.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            She won presumably because she actually won a championship in what is a very demanding sport. She won the European championship and Burghleigh (spelling?) which I understand were the two main horse events of the year.

That is the sport bit taken care of, and in terms of personality as I said, she was the best bit of totty on show.

No brainer as far as I am concerned.
            Isn't she the world champion as well? If so, no brainer, as you say ...
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Low visibility better than no visibility

How is she more deserving than those listed above? Sportmen at the top of their game for years. Sportsmen renown on the world stage.
              Unfortunately, this "world stage" is rarely seen on terrestrial TV, and most of the boxing (for example) is pay-per-view. This hardly raises the profile of these sportmen, so most people are unaware that there is an exceptional range of British boxing talent at the moment.

There was no success in the international soccer/rugby/cricket arena this year (and it goes without saying that the only contenders could be English teams), so the winner could only come from a novelty/minority sport.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                Isn't she the world champion as well? If so, no brainer, as you say ...
                She is, and only the third person to ever hold European and World titles at the same time.

Chuck in the fact that Eventing is an inherently dangerous sport with a real risk of being killed or permanently injured - One of her friends was killed at a horse trials shortly before the World Equestrian Games - and I think she deserved it.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                  She is, and only the third person to ever hold European and World titles at the same time.

Chuck in the fact that Eventing is an inherently dangerous sport with a real risk of being killed or permanently injured - One of her friends was killed at a horse trials shortly before the World Equestrian Games - and I think she deserved it.
                  Yes typical of Bag O'Pus to moan about excellence. Not a concept he's familiar with
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                    One of her friends was killed at a horse trials shortly before the World Equestrian Games - and I think she deserved it.
                    Thats not very nice...

Comment

Working...
                    X