• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irish eyes are smiling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish eyes are smiling

WTF does the actually mean BTW?.

You smile with your mouth not your eyes, if you couldn't see the mouth you'd have no ideas what the eyes were doing.

Non-sensicial lyrics.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

You smile with your mouth not your eyes, if you couldn't see the mouth you'd have no ideas what the eyes were doing.

Non-sensicial lyrics.
    metaphor
    ˈmɛtəfə,ˈmɛtəfɔ
    noun
    a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
    "when we speak of gene maps and gene mapping, we use a cartographic metaphor"

Comment

Do you expect everything to be literal?

Comment

Non-sensicial lyrics.
        It appears to happen after drinking Irish Whisky.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
          Do you expect everything to be literal?
          It does explain why he's always asking the old man if he wants to bum a fag, but never has any smokes on him.

Comment

Non-sensicial lyrics.

I suppose you think "bright eyes" is about someone shining a torch in your ear.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              I suppose you think "bright eyes" is about someone shining a torch in your ear.
              He can't spell 'nonsensical', so he's obviously not too clever.

Comment

I never understood what troubled The Clash so.

Should I stay or should I go now?
                If I go, there will be trouble
                And if I stay it will be double

Obviously, the correct answer is to go.

Comment

Non-sensicial lyrics.
                  You were never very good at smiling. Shouting, throwing a hissy fit and pulling that face like a bulldog chewing a wasp was all you were ever any good at.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    You were never very good at smiling. Shouting, throwing a hissy fit and pulling that face like a bulldog chewing a wasp was all you were ever any good at.
                    Have sent a PM to Tyson Fury to tell him you'd been picking on his disabled aunt all those years ago.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X