• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML and the outstanding APNs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AML and the outstanding APNs

Those scheme members that joined AML's judicial review against APN issued by HMRC still have outstanding APNs.

Has anyone any information on how HMRC deals with the outstanding APNs ;

1 - as part of the settlement, and
    2 - as part of the 2019 Loan charge if not settled?

If you settle, the APNs fall away.

I don't know how outstanding APNs would interact with the LC.

Comment

Originally posted by Loan Ranger View Post
      If you settle, the APNs fall away.

I don't know how outstanding APNs would interact with the LC.
      I could be wrong but I thought if there are penalties attached to your outstanding APNs that even when you settle you will still have to pay this on top of your settlement calculation.

Comment

Originally posted by difficulttimes View Post
        I could be wrong but I thought if there are penalties attached to your outstanding APNs that even when you settle you will still have to pay this on top of your settlement calculation.
        Yes, I suppose penalties/surcharges, for not paying the APNs on time, may still be due.

Comment

Yes, I suppose penalties/surcharges, for not paying the APNs on time, may still be due.
          Of course they will be,, this is HMRC!! I have APN's with penalties (thanks AML) and I have been told that these will form part of what I owe regarding settlement. The other side to this is the judicial review that AML have in appeal after FTT which is due later this year. Not sure what the outcome of that will be to be honest - if they are to maintain their appeal that is. They have thrown us under the bus already so I doubt they will continue paying for something they don't have to. W4NKERS

Comment

Yes, unfortunately they are. If people get lucky they may get lost or forgot about once case deemed dealt with (time to pay in place) but I wouldn't hold out much hope on that

Comment

Working...
            X