• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rail Chaos??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rail Chaos??

I do not use the train often to commute - but it seems every man and his dog are missing trains left right and centre due to the change in rail timetables.

Does this mean that this site National Rail Enquiries - Official source for UK train times and timetables

Is not up to date - or are people just not checking?

If only people had some sort of device they could carry round with them(could we call it a mobile phone?) with some sort of program on it that told you live train times(could we call it thetrainline?)

Nahhh - it will never catch on.

Generation Snowflake.

Comment

My train said it wasn't going to stop at Clapham Junction this morning - so I huffed and puffed a bit at having to go to Vauxhall then come back a stop.

Then it ended up stopping at Clapham Junction and I had to retract my huffing and puffing.

It was absolute chaos for me
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

[QUOTE=Jog On;2558530]My train said it wasn't going to stop at Clapham Junction this morning - so I huffed and puffed a bit at having to go to Vauxhall then come back a stop.
        QUOTE]

You could always create your own Clapham Junction Stop with the emergency stop pull-thingy claiming you were overcome with claustrophobia and needed to get off the train urgently, or some other suitable excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
          If only people had some sort of device they could carry round with them(could we call it a mobile phone?) with some sort of program on it that told you live train times(could we call it thetrainline?)

Generation Snowflake.
          All well and good but this 'mobile phone' device you speak of will not help when you're standing at the platform for the 7.11 train and at 7.09 it says its cancelled.

tbh This week has been a lot better. Last week every other train was delayed/cancelled with very little notice.

Comment

Originally posted by wparkar View Post
            All well and good but this 'mobile phone' device you speak of will not help when you're standing at the platform for the 7.11 train and at 7.09 it says its cancelled.

tbh This week has been a lot better. Last week every other train was delayed/cancelled with very little notice.
            SouthEastern trains have reduced the number of trains to London from my station in Kent and increased the travel times of those still running by 12 minutes. Progress eh ?
            We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Generation Snowflake.
              Will it inform you of a badger on the line at New Malden?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Will it inform you of car seats on the line at New Malden?
                FTFY
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  I do not use the train often to commute - but it seems every man and his dog are missing trains left right and centre due to the change in rail timetables.

Does this mean that this site National Rail Enquiries - Official source for UK train times and timetables

Generation Snowflake.
                  I think it's the rail companies that are struggling with the new timetable, not the passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Why in God's name don't they have a timetable simulator, so they could trial and optimise various changes before actually foisting them on the long suffering public?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X