• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBQ - Gas or Charcoal ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ - Gas or Charcoal ?

New BBQ time.

Gas is easier to keep clean but Charcoal tastes better

mmmmm ...not sure

Any good suggestions?

Kettle BBQ with charcoal. Personally I like DanCook as they have a double skin bowl which makes cleaning a doddle (you can take the bowl out and tip away) and helps getting things hotter due to the double skin.

If your using Gas may as well use the grill...
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Charcoal, always charcoal
      Weber do really nice ones, depends on how much you want to spend I guess.

Comment

House rules here say no open fires, which doesn't seem to stop many of my neighbours, so I bought an electric one which wasn't too bad but I now use just to keep stuff warm as I bought one of these: LotusGrill and must say, it's not badd. Smokeless, flameless and your food is cooking in a matter of minutes.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Disposable all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Disposable all the way.
            Absolutely
            https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-in...-bbq/p/0049281

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Go big or go home!

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webs...70669%7C170668

Comment

If it's being used just for parties and the odd good day (so maybe 5-6 days a year), then go charcoal.

If you use it as an outdoor kitchen and regularly cook on it - maybe 20+ days a year, then I'd say go with gas.

And if you've got the room, you do both - get a fire pit which you can cook on to use as well as a gas BBQ.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm sure this used to be a contractor forum.

Get yourself one of these.

https://www.biggreenegg.eu/en/

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    If it's being used just for parties and the odd good day (so maybe 5-6 days a year), then go charcoal.

If you use it as an outdoor kitchen and regularly cook on it - maybe 20+ days a year, then I'd say go with gas.

And if you've got the room, you do both - get a fire pit which you can cook on to use as well as a gas BBQ.
                    If you use it 5 or 6 days a year go disposable....

I am currently having this debate with myself - last few weeks has been lovely so we have done a few bbq's etc using disposable ones (my actual bbq got chucked a year or so when I was sorting out the garden) - and they have been fine - cost is about £2 quid - which is what you would pay on charcoal for a proper one.

So really give in the UK will probably do less than 15 bbq's per year I am struggling to even consider buying a proper one.

But then I am a cheapskate

Comment

Working...
                    X