• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aqa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqa

I dont suppose any of you lot were involved in setting that up were yous?
    Its a bit like "ask jeeves" but only on phones. You text them a question and they answer you - its a great service (for drunkards in the pub) - I'm always very impressed with them.

I'm interested to know if they hold our details of previous texts and if you always get refered to the same person or not.

Anyone know?

Edit: Course I could just ask them...
    The pope is a tard.

The system uses a computer. If it doesnt know the answer then it forwards it to a person.

Comment

never heard of if Sal... you got a link?

I know i am always impressed with shazam when i use that..
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
        never heard of if Sal... you got a link?

I know i am always impressed with shazam when i use that..

They aren't on t'internet - it's all done by phone.

You text a question to 63336 and they text the answer back. I was just more interested in how it worked - its a very cool service...stopping many a late night fight
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

They had a song called Barbie Doll

HTH
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

SA just text "How does this service work?! to 63336
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              They had a song called Barbie Doll

HTH
              No you are thinking of the classic

Agadoo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree,
              Agadoo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee,
              To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees,
              Come and dance every night, sing with the hula melody.

Sorry wrong thread - try this one http://forums.contractoruk.com/showp...49&postcount=3
              Last edited by TheOmegaMan; 12 December 2006, 13:08.

Comment

I hate feckin AGAs!

Have had one (oil-fired) for 10 years and they are total tulipe to cook on.

Great for slow roasts and casseroles but rubbish for everything else. Try flash-frying steaks on a bloody AGA, or doing a decent stir-fry!

The house came with it, so I didn't have a choice, but after a year, I gave up and got a catering-quality, gas range cooker. The AGA still sulks in the corner, heating up the kitchen needlessly (I'd turn the fecker off but wife dries clothes on it!).

Never mind the bi-annual servicing costs (if you can get the AGA/Rayburn-approved c^nts to turn out in the first place) and the cost of the huge lake of oil the monster consumes in a year.

AGAs are more of a lifestyle statement than a cooking device. There are some pathetic souls who are so devoted to the AGA cult that they even make toast on it using a special £££ toasting accessory. Tossers!

AGAs to room 101 NOW!
                Last edited by bogeyman; 12 December 2006, 13:41.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                  I hate feckin AGAs!

Have had one (oil-fired) for 10 years and they are total tulipe to cook on.

Great for slow roasts and casseroles but rubbish for everything else. Try flash-frying steaks on a bloody AGA, or doing a decent stir-fry!

The house came with it, so I didn't have a choice, but after a year, I gave up and got a catering-quality, gas range cooker. The AGA still sulks in the corner, heating up the kitchen needlessly (I'd turn the fecker off but wife dries clothes on it!).

Never mind the bi-annual servicing costs (if you can get the AGA/Rayburn-approved c^nts to turn out in the first place) and the cost of the huge lake of oil the monster consumes in a year.

AGAs are more of a lifestyle statement than a cooking device. There are some pathetic souls who are so devoted to the AGA cult that they even make toast on it using a special £££ toasting accessory. Tossers!

AGAs to room 101 NOW!
                  Singer do a LPG fired alternative. With proper hobs.

Sell your AGA buy a singer.

Comment

Like the one in Aqa you mean. That'd be a decent swap, and the latter can also keep you warm at night.

Comment

Working...
                    X