• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Health and Safety

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health and Safety

Now that we have a set of terms and conditions I think it only reasonable that we include a health and safety policy too. We cannot have too much health and safety. I am looking for suggestions to add to an ongoing thread on this very important matter. I will start the ball rolling:

Jumping out of buildings can be fatal. Never attempt to do this, especially if there are people on the pavement below. If a pedestrian is hit on descent then there may be twice as many casualties.

I think we should also incorporate some First Aid principles lest anyone's sides split whilst reading one of OmegaMan's postings. You can't be too careful.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

One for Chico. Religion: it is the opium of the people (apologies to Marx) and should therefore be banned.
      "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

2. Swallowing an apple whole can result in choking. Use a knife to cut the apple into segments for easy consumption. Never shove an apple up your rectum as this causes constipation.

Comment

Don't vote labour.

Comment

Use a knife! Are you insane?

Originally posted by TheOmegaMan
            2. Swallowing an apple whole can result in choking. Use a knife to cut the apple into segments for easy consumption. Never shove an apple up your rectum as this causes constipation.
            Whoops, sorry, just realised who posted it.
            But anyway, a knife! Do you know how dangerous knives are?
            I think in the interests of safety, apples that are too big to be swallowed whole should be banned. You can't be too careful.
            Why not?

Comment

Before criticising someone, always walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you do, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

HTH

Comment

3. Don't walk into walls. It is much easier to use doors or open spaces. If you wish to enter a room and the door isn't open then open it. If there is someone in the room with their back to you, it is polite to cough before coming up their behind.

Comment

For best results, don't do stupid things.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
                    For best results, don't do stupid things.
                    Before speaking, make sure your brain is switched on (and if you are Chico just don't)
                    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Working...
                    X