• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

shotgun Certificate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shotgun Certificate

ok - so who her has one, I'm in the process of filling in the application form, any hoops I should be aware off??

prehaps not the best icon to use in this thread!!
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

I believe polonium is more popular these days
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      ok - so who her has one, I'm in the process of filling in the application form, any hoops I should be aware off??

What county are you in mate?
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
        What county are you in mate?
        UK - Surrey
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner

Gooner, I thought you had one.

If you're serious, go to your nearest major plod shop and talk to them. Failing that, your local shooting club. Are you a member of a shoot or club? Why do you want one? Sport? Vermin control(doesn't include pikeys)? Do you have a Criminal Record(not always an obstacle)? Do you have a drug/Alchohol dependency?

Comment

Try to substantiate your application by citing specific reasons. Try, if you're not already, to become pally with a local farmer and say you'll happily do his pest control as soon as you get your ticket. Then, when the plod come around to see you, you can say that you need a .410 for rat control, a 20 bore for pigeons, and a 12 bore for clays and driven days - not that you have to use that configuration as stated, but they like to see that you've put some thought into it...

HTH
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Yes I'm a member or our local shoot, I'd be looking to use a 12 for hte clays, and prehaps a 20 semi-auto. No drug or Law issues, so I can't see there being a problem.Churchill - I'd borrowed in the past, its about time I got my own, esp. as I'm a left hander.
              SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Semi-autos are for nonces.

And please, please - if you do have to use one, use an auto-safe flag - the times I've wandered around a clay shoot looking down the barrel of a (perfectly safe, I'm sure) semi-auto, which was resting on someone's shoulder, thinking 'I wander if there's a cartridge in the breach' have been numerous...

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
                  Semi-autos are for nonces.

And please, please - if you do have to use one, use an auto-safe flag - the times I've wandered around a clay shoot looking down the barrel of a (perfectly safe, I'm sure) semi-auto, which was resting on someone's shoulder, thinking 'I wander if there's a cartridge in the breach' have been numerous...
                  well the semi is more for my partner, bit lighter and, as you;ve already mentioned no cocking.
                  SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

I have one

Well I have a FAC with a shotty cert but dont actually onw any shottys.

Telling the plod that you want a .410 for ratting is likley to get the application thrown out. .22rf semi-atuo you can have, .410 erm yeah right.

I have 1 x .22, 1 x 0.303, 1 x 7.62 all for target shooting.

I used to shoot with a guy in Cardiff that had a .357 belted magnum (elephant gun....man that left a bruise) and a .50

He had to prive he shot the .50 in competitions, which suprisingly there are....

Comment

Working...
                    X