• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed

The current client started the ever-shrinking renewals pattern together with outsourcing to eastern Europe after sudden management changes. The last one offered (2 months) would dump me on the bench in August.

So jumped first, start in a week at a new gig with six months contract and 2 years planned work.

The client takes me into an office, steaming with rage and offers a further month on top. How do I refuse such a sexy offer?

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    The current client started the ever-shrinking renewals pattern together with outsourcing to eastern Europe after sudden management changes. The last one offered (2 months) would dump me on the bench in August.

So jumped first, start in a week at a new gig with six months contract and 2 years planned work.

The client takes me into an office, steaming with rage and offers a further month on top. How do I refuse such a sexy offer?
    Well played sir. Have a banana song.

https://youtu.be/MRS68CDu7VQ
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Clearly COTBAC it must be in your DNA. Well played sir.

Comment

Now this is what I call a contractor post. Well played !! I was getting tired of the constant posts about permiedom, promotion...
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Well played indeed.

It is incredibly frustrating and demotivating to be stuck at clients where they only ever talk about cost cutting and "insourcing" of contractors (whilst simultaneously outsourcing everything to India ), with the constant battle of having to argue one's worth every time a renewal is being touted.

I love how the client offers you another month as if that is a world-shaking move on his part. I guess from his perspective he's doing everything he thinks he can, but the truth is that he isn't able to see beyond the blinkers of permiedom that his master has put on him.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            And did he think he was doing you a favour?
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I love those situations. Stick it to them.

In fact, triple your rate and see how that goes down.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X