• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Formation & Contracting in Italy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Formation & Contracting in Italy

Hi - I'm a British citizen & passport holder currently living and working in the US on a green card, working as a full-time employee of a contracting company here. I'll be relocating to Italy from late summer this year (2018) and have bought a house, acquired a codice fiscale (i.e., equivalent to the the SSN/ NI number), and will be 'resident' once we land in Italy. My client in the US wants to continue to use my services and my contracting company have suggested they subcontract the work to me. I would set up a company in Italy and they would subcontract to me, with me invoicing monthly and them paying me in USD (I accept the currency risk).

Before I left for the US, I worked as a contractor in the UK with my own company, with SJD as my accountants - nothing special, with me as the sole employee of the company for which I was a director, etc. I *think* that the arrangement in Italy would be similar - I would set up a company for which I was a director (an SRLS I think it is called) and have myself as the sole employee, paying myself through a combination of salary and dividends.

Now - I was researching setting up a company in Italy and have been quoted nearly 2k euros; the same company offered to do all accounting (similar to the role of SJD) for 240 euro per month.

Does anyone in the forum have any experience of setting up a contracting company in Italy, and have any advice on a company equivalent to SJD in Italy, or one that is UK-based but has clients in Italy who are Italian residents? My Italian is minimal for now so being able to communicate in English is a priority.

Thanks for your help - I realize this is a question about Italy but I'm reaching out to the UK community as the model in Italy seems similar.

Sounds like a case for...

Sue@ipaye

Comment

Thanks - I've dropped them a note to see what's possible.

Comment

Working...
      X