• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump signs order to impoverish his supporters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump signs order to impoverish his supporters

and they all cheer

Trump starts trade war with China

A trade deficit is caused when you spend more than you earn and it's financed by inward investment, not by "unfair" trade.

To fix the trade deficits Trump has to stop his supporters spending money.

Looks like Churchill was right

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    and they all cheer

Trump starts trade war with China

A trade deficit is caused when you spend more than you earn and it's financed by inward investment, not by "unfair" trade.

To fix the trade deficits Trump has to stop his supporters spending money.

Looks like Churchill was right

Not quite so simple... https://twitter.com/LukeGromen/statu...65157051518976

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      How does your link show that Trump's actions are correct?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        How does your link show that Trump's actions are correct?
        Never said that. The link shows that deficit spending is now domestically funded.

What happened to you? You seem like a different person to the sasguru who used to comment on here when I first joined.

Comment

Never said that. The link shows that deficit spending is now domestically funded.

What happened to you? You seem like a different person to the sasguru who used to comment on here when I first joined.
          How can a trade deficit be domestically funded? Or do you mean the budget deficit? Doh!

To answer your question, too many cretins appeared on this forum, of which you are a prime example.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Trump is simply taking money out of the American consumer's pocket. Some of it will go into his pockets, and they'll all cheer.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The US is currently at it's employment limit but even if it relaxed immigration controls and allowed companies to expand you would just push up consumption and widen the trade deficit even more.

US consumers can spend more than anywhere else because of cheap credit so they suck in imports.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

I can't imagine dexterous Chinese workers and production being replace with USA workers being paid ten time more

Last edited by Paddy; 15 June 2018, 13:35.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

OK China has responded:

China threatens retaliation

So to sum up, in the US workers earn more and consume more than anywhere else and now they want a trade war to even things up.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The list is quite long but his decline into anger is obvious

Bitterness caused by calling the wrong result of the Brexit vote, compounded by having to become an economic migrant to Belgium after Germany rejected his overtures

It can only get worse

HTH
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X