• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what, puns are outlawed, then?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what, puns are outlawed, then?

Might I enquire as to why the s*****l k****r post was removed?
    Do we get a lot of prostitues on this board, or did a s****l k****r complain?
    Why not?

you can enquire. it was removed due to the obvious bad taste!

Comment

Why aren't we allowed to talk about it SP? Was it just the way he phrased the question, or is the subject to be avoided completely?
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
        you can enquire. it was removed due to the obvious bad taste!
        It may have been in bad taste, but it would have been nice to be able to reply to it and point that out ourselves.

I really hate it when posts get deleted.

Comment

of course you can discuss it but with a likely 5 women dead so far, conducting a 'humorous' poll, which included a past member of this board, on the identity of the miscreant was vastly overstepping the mark.

Comment

But we can't discuss it. If someone goes over the top we don't get the chance to reply to them. If you want to raise the tone, maybe you should allow us to respond to the OTT posts

Comment

cc.net used to adopt that approach i believe...

Comment

Scotspine. Keep it down, you're drawing attention to yourself.

Did Cracker teach you anything. Play it cool son. Play it cool. Oh and don't go back to Ipswich.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

If you are going to take that line, then I could point out that since they stopped anonymous postings, the volume of posts there has fallen.

I do think moderation here is mostly a good thing, but unless a post is illegal/libelous I would leave it on the site while banning the poster. That way the rest of us get a chance to comment on it and the site moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
                    cc.net used to adopt that approach i believe...

And did he get shot down for it?

Admins are like mams - you can't win no matter what you do

I must admit though, this time I didn't think it was called for - its human nature to turn something horrific into comedy. We all laughed at home before as we thought one of the girls had died in a place called CockDock (turned out to be CopDock, not as funny) - but we're not bad people...

I reckon it would have turned into a serious debate (possibly slagging Chico off, but you'll never stop that!). I had already wrote 4 paragraphs with my criminology brain on (so I guess you should all thank SP now come to think of it).

Edit: Oops - I thought cc.net was a previous admin
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X