• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bald face lies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bald face lies

I'm in a meeting with my manager, just me and him. He tells me some right wopping porkies, due to him trying to hide his incompetence, and, or stupidity. The outcome is I have a very tight deadline for a piece of work ISUC consultants were meant to do, and now for some reason are not. (Boss lied to say it was mine to do from the outset, I have several emails, notes and memories of conversations to say otherwise). He, in the same meeting also lied about something else, smaller, but still he lies.

Has anyone else been in this situation and what did you do ?

Originally posted by Lucy
    Almost every contract. How many times some incompetent manager took credit for a particularly innovative fix I came up with I've lost count of. Comes with the territory.

Kerchinnng, move on...
    Me, me, me...

Comment

It really depends on who extends your contract and who gives you a reference - you've got to keep him sweet if he's that guy.

It sucks like mate - but I'd just suckle up and take it on the chin.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
        Almost every contract. How many times some incompetent manager took credit for a particularly innovative fix I came up with I've lost count of. Comes with the territory.

Kerchinnng, move on...
        Cheers Clip, it makes sense. He has no motivation to please me, basically I mean zip in the scheme of his little career.

A muso, and a brain !

Comment

Cheers Clip, it makes sense. He has no motivation to please me, basically I mean zip in the scheme of his little career.

A muso, and a brain !
          I bet you get paid more than him anyway. I got binned from a contract in Brussels when the senior VP found out I got paid more than him. Funnily enough stuff stopped working after I left and they had to get me back in (at a higher rate of course).

Permies get promoted further up the chain where incompetence usually causes less damage. Your guy hasn't reached his limits yet.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I'm in a meeting with my manager, just me and him. He tells me some right wopping porkies, due to him trying to hide his incompetence, and, or stupidity. The outcome is I have a very tight deadline for a piece of work ISUC consultants were meant to do, and now for some reason are not. (Boss lied to say it was mine to do from the outset, I have several emails, notes and memories of conversations to say otherwise). He, in the same meeting also lied about something else, smaller, but still he lies.

Huh, you work for guru?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

No, I think guru has a sense of humour.

Comment

No, I think guru has a sense of humour.
                Well, you were just talking about bullsh1tt1ng, incompetence and lies. You didn't mention humour. Yet, 3 out of 4 is not bad. He must be one of his relative.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  It really depends on who extends your contract and who gives you a reference - you've got to keep him sweet if he's that guy.

It sucks like mate - but I'd just suckle up and take it on the chin.
                  Thanks Sal.

I know you are right, I just live on my own planet expecting people to have integrity in the workplace.

Bought a packet of Bourbons at tesco I was so depressed afterwards

Comment

Permies get promoted further up the chain where incompetence usually causes less damage. Your guy hasn't reached his limits yet.
                    Dilbert's Law...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X