• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CO2 shortage disaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CO2 shortage disaster

I blame the environmentalists

Beer could fall flat for World Cup as CO2 runs short
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Not a problem for real ale drinkers.

Lager louts (soccer fans) might not be happy though.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
      So we have a global shortage of CO2? You couldn't make this tulip up...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        So we have a global shortage of manufactured CO2? You couldn't make this tulip up...
        Why so?

Comment

Also, it's not global, it's only in the UK. But because the UK is running low, they have tried to buy from Northern Europe, which currently has reduced capacity so is not wanting to sell to the UK
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Plenty of homebrew in my shed, just hope it is beer and not left over elderflower wine.
            Ah well, both fizzy and booze is booze.

Comment

*sups pint of cask-conditioned hand-drawn ale*

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                *sups pint of cask-conditioned hand-drawn ale*
                Warm, flat beer? Not sure I can think of anything worse. I hope the supermarkets have stocked up on the fizzy stuff (although I'd rather go teetotal than have to rely on the rats piss they call Budweiser).
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Why so?
                  The concept of 'irony' passed you by, didn't it...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    The concept of 'irony' passed you by, didn't it...
                    You think it is ironic that there is a shortage of manufactured CO2 in the UK, presumably because CO2 concentration in the atmosphere has reached about 410 ppm. Would you not have expected such a state of affairs?

Comment

Working...
                    X