• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

heart bleeds for BAA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heart bleeds for BAA

BAA has warned that flight prices are likely to rise if competition authorities force the airport operator to relinquish monopoly control of air passenger travel in London and Scotland.
    Hahahahaha! Pull the other one.

The OFT does not accept the airport operator's argument that investment is most efficiently carried out by a monopoly operator. It believes BAA has serious competition issues in London and lowland Scotland.
    Or as Ryanair's O'Leary said, "Heathrow is a shambles which most passengers, if they could, would avoid at all costs."

And (of less consequence to many of you but dear to my heart), there are so few direct links to Scotland from outside the UK because SAA (owned by BAA) has ludicrously high landing charges in their Scottish airports unless you come from another BAA airport. I.e. shunt all the punters through LHR/LGW where they can spend more money in BAA territory.

I did a little contract with BAA during the summer.

Comment

Heathrow is 30 miles from home so it makes sense to go there. Having flown from Manchester, I'd rather use a quieter airport like that though...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        I did a little contract with BAA during the summer.
        No wonder it so inefficient !
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I'm still shocked regularly at how badly run UK airports are. Always huge queues at check in. A generally high level of dirt, food areas with uncleared tables and massive massive queues at security (even worse since the bomb threats)

Strangely get none of these at the foreign airports when returning to blighty
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
            I'm still shocked regularly at how badly run UK airports are. Always huge queues at check in. A generally high level of dirt, food areas with uncleared tables and massive massive queues at security (even worse since the bomb threats)

Only noticed that at English airports...
            Me, me, me...

Comment

I go LHR-Frankfurt every week. There's always at least 1 thing not working. And it's always on the British side.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
                Only noticed that at English airports...
                to be fair i've never been to a scottish or welsh airport
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

to be fair i've never been to a scottish or welsh airport
                  Do they still stop and point at planes in the sky in Scotland?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I can personally recommend the airport on Fairwood Common...
                    Back to your RAF years, eh Zeity? Bloody hell, you are old!

Comment

Working...
                    X