• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Macron introduces National Service in France

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macron introduces National Service in France

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44625625

What's the first lesson? How to wave a white flag...

Seriously though, he doesn't seem that bothered about the youth vote.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

yay!

maybe we can convince the strong & unstable lot to follow suit. Imagine the millennials getting up early?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I see where Mr Kipling got the idea for the Cherry Bakewell.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I am in favour of it. His version is more public service focussed as opposed to military focussed and it is only for a couple of weeks or so. It is a good thing to give young people this kind of opportunity.

I was in the TA and felt it should be compulsory for everyone to go through the two week basic training.

Comment

Given that France is spearheading the 'EU Rapid Intervention Force' (aka 'European Army') a roll out across all EU countries could be possible.

"Nine EU member states have agreed to establish a European military force for rapid deployment in times of crisis, an initiative which has won the backing of the UK as it seeks to maintain defence ties after Brexit.
          Spearheaded by the French president, Emmanuel Macron, the joint enterprise will allow national armed forces across Europe to coordinate and react swiftly together."
          25 June 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            .. it is only for a couple of weeks or so
            Only two weeks? Chortle! So it's like a kind of summer camp or scouts' jamboree, where they'll doubtless learn vital skills like knitting and basket weaving
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Only two weeks? Chortle! So it's like a kind of summer camp or scouts' jamboree, where they'll doubtless learn vital skills like knitting and basket weaving
              Yep. It is a start - Knowing Macron it will soon be ooomphed up somewhat!

Comment

well we kind of do that over here - with things like general studies, PSE etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  yay!

maybe we can convince the strong & unstable lot to follow suit. Imagine the millennials getting up early?
                  Most millennials have jobs in order to try and save up so they can move out from their parents' houses into a £400k bedsit. They do get up early.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Yep. It is a start - Knowing Macron it will soon be ooomphed up somewhat!
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it....

Comment

Working...
                    X