• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any weekend plan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any weekend plan?

I'm off to the beach in five minutes and will be spending most of the weekend there.

What are you folks all up to?

Watching England knock out Sweden. Come on England!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Family stuff.

Going into the big smoke on Sunday for lunch, oh joy of joys.

Oh and might have to go for a bit of a drive. Currently downloading the latest map update for the car which is 9.2GB, and the website says it will take about an hour to install in the car, and you have to have the radio on while doing it.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Off flying, need to quickly get re-checked out as I've not been in a while and then hopefully a a nice quiet solo around the area - or, to put it another way, waiting for the first thunderstorms and showers in weeks to ruin it for me!

Bit of work on the lab - need to update my skills a bit.

Aaand, finally, a bit of DIY - gotta move a kitchen cupboard down a few inches because apparently putting it the same height as the one on the other side of the window was just too much for the fitter.
        Last edited by vwdan; 6 July 2018, 16:13.

Comment

Last full weekend of training before I start tapering for the 24Hr TT.

Might fire up the BBQ again at some point. Other than that, sod all.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

TFA. BBQ, beer, and football (watching, obviously). I haven't decided in which order yet, and there my well be some overlaps...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Long week. Lots of sunshine and beer.

Inbetween holidays. Just been to Rome for a long weekend and off to the MILs timeshare in Lanzarote soon.

I’m envious of some of you guys trips though. I’m still hung up on the new contractor holidays are causing me money twice dilemma.

Comment

TFA. Took little boy to his first Beaver Camp under canvas Friday PM.

Geeking Saturday morning. Out for late lunch and watching football Saturday PM in Manchester.

Sunday collect little boy. Hose him down in the back garden as he obviously won't have washed during his camping trip.

Pottering about in the garden before getting my tulip together ready for another week working away.

Next weekend, catch ferry over to Dublin for a week away with the family in my Mrs' home town interspersed with trips to Galway and Kerry.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Sitting inside in the coolth, avoiding the sun, doors & windows closed, curtains shut, watching ancient films.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by fatJock View Post
                    Long week. Lots of sunshine and beer.

Inbetween holidays. Just been to Rome for a long weekend and off to the MILs timeshare in Lanzarote soon.

I’m envious of some of you guys trips though. I’m still hung up on the new contractor holidays are causing me money twice dilemma.
                    if you are earning twice as much as a permie then it isn't. You just recoup it twice as fast.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X