• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freestyle Accounting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freestyle Accounting

I have been unable to access the Freestyle Accounting website and accounting portal for over 24 hours. And there has been no response to my email. I wonder whether more has gone wrong than their just failing to renew their domain with GoDaddy.

Does anyone else use Freestyle Accounting?

https://freestyleaccounting.com/
    Last edited by Sterling; 7 July 2018, 14:08.

Do they answer the phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling View Post
      I have been unable to access the Freestyle Accounting website and accounting portal for over 24 hours. And there has been no response to my email. I wonder whether more has gone wrong than their just failing to renew their domain with GoDaddy.

Does anyone else use Freestyle Accounting?

https://freestyleaccounting.com/
      Has it occurred to you to give them a call? Or a visit?

When did you send the email?

The fact that they are filing micro accounts with companies house suggests that they are a very small outfit with only a few hundred clients- probably similar to the size of nimble jack (before that firm went down the toilet).

Another OP with such a lack of detail that it makes me wonder whether or not the OP actually wants any help.

Assuming the OP does want help, my advice would be to give them a call to find out about your email, then gets your accounts and self assessment done early, and then move onto one of the free agent accountants who will no doubt make an appearance in this thread.

If you really want to scare yourself google "nimble jack" and read the contractor uk search results.

Comment

Everything about their website is horrid. Is that a comic sans in italics logo? Not to mention their comparisons table to other accountants. Or the 90% take home proclaimation.

Comment

Thank you, everyone. The site and portal are back up this morning.

Comment

Their website was down over the weekend. It is functioning correctly today.

My concern would not be with the design of the website, but with this:

Earn Up to 90% Take Home Income
            Anyone advertising/offering that kind of level of take home is potentially going to leave you with a big bill from HMRC. Be VERY WARY of using companies like that.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Anyone advertising/offering that kind of level of take home is potentially going to leave you with a big bill from HMRC. Be VERY WARY of using companies like that.
              Claims like that are daft anyway. We can completely legally get you 100% take home*.

(*as long as you invoice <£8k in a year and have no other personal income)

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                Claims like that are daft anyway. We can completely legally get you 100% take home*.

(*as long as you invoice <£8k in a year and have no other personal income)
                They are daft, as you say it could be perfectly legal, but I'd be worried that a new contractor is drawn in by 90% take home, ends up getting paid a small salary, small dividends and a large payment that isn't marked as salary or dividends and comes from somewhere else that doesn't have the same name and address as the rest of the income.

90% would be Paradise.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                X