• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon Business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Business

Amazon just launched Amazon Business.
    www.amazon.co.uk/business

For my business spending I already had a separate (from personal) Amazon account set up, and I've just migrated it to Amazon Business.

Downloadable VAT receipts! Pay by invoice! Free shipping over £30! Woohoo! Looks like it's going to be much less hassle.

Awesome! Converting mine now.

Comment

You do have to pay attention to who you're buying from - not all sellers provide a VAT receipt and some of the Chinese ones (who have a Manchester address and GB VAT code) have absolutely no idea how to create a VAT invoice.

Comment

Not new...I have had Amazon Business for months already?

It has proven itself very useful when ordering items for MyCo.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          Not new...I have had Amazon Business for months already?

It has proven itself very useful when ordering items for MyCo.
          Fair enough, I only just noticed it.

Comment

Just found out about this thanks to your post and will check it out right away. Any complaints guys? Just a heads-up on what I should expect

Comment

Just launched? Had my account for months now.

It's useful though, as it links to your personal account and any prime subscription, but means you can easily keep all company purchases completely separate and browse with ex. VAT prices by default.

Comment

Do you lose any 'consumer rights' if you purchase from the business site?

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
                  Do you lose any 'consumer rights' if you purchase from the business site?
                  Strictly speaking, yes. You are governed by the business terms of sale. "Consumer rights" do not apply to B2B transactions - the clue is in the name. There's nothing stopping you from buying from the non-business site as a business either but the same principle applies.

That being said, the business site has pretty similar return policies as the normal site.

Comment

I converted my personal Amazon account to Business....

Is my prime membership still personal or Business expense?

Comment

Working...
                    X