• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bring back the death penalty?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back the death penalty?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/07/man-2...years-7691433/

That's probably what he has got, only a lot less pleasant than an afternoon on the end of Mr Pierrepoint's rope.

Comment

Sometimes I think guilt should be assessed as a number from 0 to 10 and a 10 for serious offences attracting the death penalty.

Then I remember Ian Brady and think life imprisonment to be better.

Sentence here appears way too lenient.

Comment

Liberal judges. Probably thought that because he is black, he has suffered from oppression and racism, and these contributed to the anger that drove him to rape the girl.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
          Liberal judges. Probably thought that because he is black, he has suffered from oppression and racism , and these contributed to the anger that drove him to rape the girl.
          Is he a lesbian too?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Is he a lesbian too?
            If he was trans he'd get off with a caution.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

This thread is really sinking. Is this what you lot get off on?
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Vile actions & Vile Man.

I won't be sad if he spends his sentence in solitary between the times the other prisoners beat the crap out of him.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Vile actions & Vile Man.

I won't be sad if he spends his sentence in solitary between the times the other prisoners beat the crap out of him.
                  Unfortunately they probably won't get the chance. 11 years though? You get close to double that for armed robbery, even if no-one gets harmed. Is it wrong to think that's wrong?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Unfortunately they probably won't get the chance. 11 years though? You get close to double that for armed robbery, even if no-one gets harmed. Is it wrong to think that's wrong?
                    indeed I would prefer longer sentences in such cases.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X