• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A whole new meaning to "bucket" seat...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A whole new meaning to "bucket" seat...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-44819316

A motorist was stopped by police for driving while sitting on a bucket and steering with pliers.

The battered car, which also had no front wing, bumper, headlights and a flat tyre was pulled over in King's Lynn in Norfolk.
    I've heard of molegrips being used on a broken gear stick in an emergency, but for steering, on the road?

I wonder if it had space-saver tyres fitted all round? I guess it made it easier (lighter) to steer!
    Do what thou wilt

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-44819316

I've heard of molegrips being used on a broken gear stick in an emergency, but for steering, on the road?

I wonder if it had space-saver tyres fitted all round? I guess it made it easier (lighter) to steer!
    I would have thought this was pretty much standard for Norfolk...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

A backup limo for Trump?

Comment

Nice to see Alexei's motor turned up.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
          A backup limo for Trump?
          he has plenty of those apparently the convoy took about 15 minutes to pass through Farnham Common.

Wouldn't be my choice if I wanted to go from Windsor to Chequers without being stuck in traffic. Too much collateral damage I suppose they wanted to show the Donald the delights of the Britwell and Polski Sklep drive. That should reassure him we are integrating well.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Not quite so bad but I remember when first passing my test buying cheap cars with all sorts of problems and clearly fake MOT certs back in the non IT system days.

Roll back the driver rubber mats and see the road below ass under your feet. £200 for a disposable car and £1200 to insure it. That was my first Nova.

Never as bad as original post but I’d forgotten all about my ropey cars!

Comment

Originally posted by fatJock View Post
              Not quite so bad but I remember when first passing my test buying cheap cars with all sorts of problems and clearly fake MOT certs back in the non IT system days.

Roll back the driver rubber mats and see the road below ass under your feet. £200 for a disposable car and £1200 to insure it. That was my first Nova.

Never as bad as original post but I’d forgotten all about my ropey cars!
              Bought an MOT failure canary yellow Polo. "Mick the weld" (lots of Micks in the local pub) did the sills and the Garage said they didn't like the weld on the MOT .. He pointed out he used to do nuclear flasks for a living, if they thought they can do better come & try and all of the sudden it passed. 10 years later still running - great car.

Dirt cheap to insure as well.

Comment

last MOT 2015, so glad this removal of the tax disk is working!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  last MOT 2015, so glad this removal of the tax disk is working!!!
                  Don't try it in my area unless you are good at getting clamps off.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Don't try it in my area unless you are good at getting clamps off.
                    Was talking about this

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...cise-duty-dvla

Around £107m a year in road improvement revenue is being lost after DVLA reveals untaxed cars and vans on UK roads has surged to 700,000

Comment

Working...
                    X