• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An innocent mistake to make.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An innocent mistake to make.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44818546

I was hoping you had been nicked for directing your CCTV cameras into next door's bathroom window.

Comment

Interesting, when viewed against;

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2567858

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2567867

Wonder if Darmy and/or WTFH, support the right to post[1] that cartoon[2] or not?, given the pictures in their posts, linked above.

[1] - Free speech
      [2] - Freedom of expression
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

Wonder if Darmy and/or WTFH, support the right to post[1] that cartoon[2] or not?, given the pictures in their posts, linked above.

[1] - Free speech
        Free speech doesn't mean exempt from judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Indeed if it had been a sheep Sadiq Khan's head had been on the left would have all laughed along ....
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2567858

[1] - Free speech
            Fabricant is more then free to post what he wants but unlike us, he's in a position where people, apparently, are influenced by his opinions and should therefore be careful what he posts and the repercussions. I like the way, like many right wingers when questioned on why they posted something, comes up up with a feeble excuse. However you can continue to stick up for someone who once said this about a journalist: "would either end up with a brain haemorrhage or by punching her in the throat" and has quite often been in press, not because of his stupid hair, but because if you change one of the vowels in the four last letters of his surname, he acts like one. But you know what, it's your choice to stick up for him...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Fabricant is more then free to post what he wants but unlike us, he's in a position where people, apparently, are influenced by his opinions and should therefore be careful what he posts and the repercussions. I like the way, like many right wingers when questioned on why they posted something, comes up up with a feeble excuse. However you can continue to stick up for someone who once said this about a journalist: "would either end up with a brain haemorrhage or by punching her in the throat" and has quite often been in press, not because of his stupid hair, but because if you change one of the vowels in the four last letters of his surname, he acts like one. But you know what, it's your choice to stick up for him...
              What should the repercussions for Fabricant be, in your view?,
              and also,
              What should the repercussions be for the trump/Bear float creator/approver be?

Free speech is what I'm sticking up for, not him personally.

What if it was a sheep/goat, as has been suggested - is it all good now?
              Apply for permission and just expect Sadiq to approve it?

If someone believes he made a statement, which was incitement to violence, or directly threatening violence - the police are available you know, there's laws against that kind of nasty behaviour.
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Indeed, although that wasn't the question posed...

It seems some rights DO indeed come with responsibilities.....something that Old Greg argued with Equalizer about, in a different thread.
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Indeed, although that wasn't the question posed...

It seems some rights DO indeed come with responsibilities.....something that Old Greg argued with Equalizer about, in a different thread.

All rights come with responsibilities. Some people don't accept the associated responsibilities.

So, is your question an attempt to snare me to get me to say something you will twist into something else?

Let me answer you:
                  No, I do not support hate speech.
                  No, I do not support mocking the disabled.
                  No, I do not support material where the sole purpose of it is to deliberately offend
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    All rights come with responsibilities. Some people don't accept the associated responsibilities.

So, is your question an attempt to snare me to get me to say something you will twist into something else?
                    You need to lay off the fox-watching if you're always thinking about being snared
                    (I honestly just wondered if you would by hypocritical, wrt to deliberately offensive protests, given you posted those pics)

besides, if you truly believe that, step into this thread, lol;
                    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    And with rights come responsibilities.
                    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    No they don't, although it has become a somewhat clichéd accepted truth. Otherwise newborn babies and adults with very severe intellectual disabilities would either: a) have responsibilities; or b) have no rights.
                    anyways....

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Let me answer you:
                    No, I do not support hate speech.
                    No, I do not support mocking the disabled.
                    No, I do not support material where the sole purpose of it is to deliberately offend
                    Thanks for the concise responses.

So, could you elaborate exactly why you posted the following;

Specifically the 1st & 3rd images

also, could you suggest some alternate purposes (in your head) of those floats, wrt your point #3 - 'deliberately offend', as it appears you supported anti Cameron & Putin, offensive protest floats, by posting pictures of them.
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                    X