• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bond McKenzie 'executive search'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bond McKenzie 'executive search'

Advertised a dev role on Jobserve at a very good rate (£800). Ticked every single box, told it was with Blackrock in the City so was interested in pursuing it. Nothing for a week or so and so I dropped the 'agent', a guy called Trevor Randall a follow-up email. Chap responded reasonably quickly with the usual 'HR are the cause of the delay, etc'. As if by magic a few hours later I get an INTERVIEW REQUEST. Very interesting but given I've not heard of Bond McKenzie before I thought I'd do some due diligence. Searching for company information on Companies House revealed a few things.

1) The company appears virtually penniless, possibly worse than that judging by the accounts
    2) Registered office looks like some small semi in the 4rse end of nowhere, judging by google maps
    3) Trevor Randall isn't even on the list of company officers, despite his emails saying he's a director, though one or two other 'Randalls' are listed

I've been in this game a long time (c. 15 years) and I was almost had by this, probably blinded by money. Lesson learned and a much needed reminder to all fellow contractors to do due diligence and ONLY work with companies known and respected.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 April 2019, 11:58.

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
    Advertised a dev role on Jobserve at a very good rate (£800). Ticked every single box, told it was with Blackrock in the City so was interested in pursuing it. Nothing for a week or so and so I dropped the 'agent', a guy called Trevor Randall a follow-up email. Chap responded reasonably quickly with the usual 'HR are the cause of the delay, etc'. As if by magic a few hours later I get an INTERVIEW REQUEST. Very interesting but given I've not heard of Bond McKenzie before I thought I'd do some due diligence. Searching for company information on Companies House revealed a few things.

1) The company is virtually penniless, possibly worse than that judging by the accounts
    2) Registered office is some small semi in the 4rse end of nowhere
    3) Trevor Randall isn't even on the list of company officers, though one or two other 'Randalls' clearly are

I've been in this game a long time (c. 15 years) and I was almost had by this, probably blinded by money. Lesson learned and a much needed reminder to all fellow contractors to do due diligence and ONLY work with companies known and respected.

Lucky escape or what?

Question is, whether to alert Blackrock, Jobserve, Companies House (masquerading as a director), etc?
    I remember an escape a few years ago. Turned out the outfit had phoenixed after collapsing in NZ owing a pile. Similar to you the rate was suspiciously good. However the payment terms were bizarrely bad. Bit of due diligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I remember an escape a few years ago. Turned out the outfit had phoenixed after collapsing in NZ owing a pile. Similar to you the rate was suspiciously good. However the payment terms were bizarrely bad. Bit of due diligence.
      Came across this:

Bond Mckenzie - Bond mckenzie is a scam company, Review 824043 | ComplaintsBoard

Amazing what you can find on Companies House though. The two Directors are a David John Randall, DOB 1948, and a Pauline Mary Randall, DOB, 1951, making them upper 60's/ early 70's. If you look at this guys profile on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/trevorrandall/) I reckon he's probably around 30.

Small world eh?

Karting: Trevor aims for F1 | Southend Standard
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 April 2019, 11:58.

Comment

Working...
      X