• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who designs banking software?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who designs banking software?

Paid a bill last week via internet banking from my personal account and the payee sent a kind thank you showing the payment. But it appeared with my company moniker rather than my personal one. Not happy about that so calls the bank and the nice lady in Glasgow agreed that was odd so checked with colleagues what was going on. Because the accounts are linked all transfers will appear as if from the corporate account was the reply and this was always the case What twit thought it OK to show payments from an account showing as if from a different one? So I raised a complaint but that'll go into room 101, as its for my benefit

Continued to get her to remove three ancient and well dead CC accounts from the internet banking and an old pass book one that was closed some time ago. What are these systems doing

Then I got onto the subject of primary and secondary access. At the moment they only allow one primary even though we have two directors who should both have full and equal access. To get around that we need to upgrade to something called Business On Line, but the fee is double for that

Like the title says who designs these systems and then states on all correspondence that its 'for your benefit'? Erm no its not

BTW, this is Yorkshire, erm Clydesdale, erm NAB, erm Virgin, erm who does own it?

Here, have some Play Doh.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Main issue here is that most banking systems are built on old mainframe systems. Skills are scare, probably limited documentation and moving to a more customer centric system is risky

Most banks will spend time developing what requirements the regulator has (PSD2 / Open banking etc.) and then spend time on other activities

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Here, have some Play Doh.
        You've run out of the worlds smallest violins?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You've run out of the worlds smallest violins?
          Play Doh is the new violin. Cheaper, safer, more colours.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

it worked for SAS he threw his crayons down and is gibbering in the corner.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Didn't they just discover it's got arsenic or lead or something dangerous in it? Or did you add that to the batches you give to bedwetters?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X