• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Might need to re-think the next CUK(western section) meeting location

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might need to re-think the next CUK(western section) meeting location

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44928164

5th worst.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Hilton Park's nothing special. Tebay and Killington Lake are much better.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Hilton Park's nothing special. Tebay and Killington Lake are much better.
      ooh a connoisseur

So Scooter for fleapit hotels & you for services. You been subbing for NLyUK again?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Is Tebay the Farmers one? That's very good - rivals the standard French fayre. All the rest should be demolished and replaced with a vending machine. Ghastly holes that they are.

Comment

It was all those CUK meet ups (who will bring the marital arts equipment?) that put it into 5th worst place...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            ooh a connoisseur

So Scooter for fleapit hotels & you for services. You been subbing for NLyUK again?
            Jeepers, I didn't realise her clients could afford to use service stations. Thought petrol stations and round the back of Tesco was more their thing.

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
            Is Tebay the Farmers one? That's very good - rivals the standard French fayre. All the rest should be demolished and replaced with a vending machine. Ghastly holes that they are.
            Yes, that's the one. Killington Lake's southbound only and has a great view; if you're have a lengthy break and a bit of food, I'd put it ahead of Tebay.

There's a new one on the M5 that's opened in the last couple of years at Gloucester but I haven't used it yet. Looks like another farm shop one but I'm usually trying to get past Bristol before rush hour so push on to Sedgemoor.
            https://motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/Gloucester
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Jeepers, I didn't realise her clients could afford to use service stations. Thought petrol stations and round the back of Tesco was more their thing.
              Oh she started you on servicing the economy clients!

Her prestigious ones i.e. those with letters after their name not a list of convictions like to use travelodges. Apparently MF was quite a popular supplier until the hotels banned him because he broke the beds.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Oh she started you on servicing the economy clients!

Her prestigious ones i.e. those with letters after their name not a list of convictions like to use travelodges. Apparently MF was quite a popular supplier until the hotels banned him because he broke the beds.
                I heard it was because clients were leaving because they were burning their backsides on the ceiling lightbulbs.

Comment

From the article.....

Overall, 92% of motorway service station customers polled were happy with their visit

Who the hell did they ask. They are tulip, overpriced and dirty. The fact that everything costs a fortune means that motorists don't use them as often as they might or should. This leads to tired drivers staying on the motorway, when they should stop and have a brew.

Tebay, as mentioned is ok but that's the only one I'd bother with.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    From the article.....

Overall, 92% of motorway service station customers polled were happy with their visit

Who the hell did they ask. They are tulip, overpriced and dirty. The fact that everything costs a fortune means that motorists don't use them as often as they might or should. This leads to tired drivers staying on the motorway, when they should stop and have a brew.

Tebay, as mentioned is ok but that's the only one I'd bother with.
                    My main requirement of a motorway service station: Does it have a toilet I can use without picking up any communicable diseases.

If it does, I'm mostly happy.
                    If it's also got a grassy area where I can let The Dog (tw) out safely for a wee, even better.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X