• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn says summit sensible

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbyn says summit sensible

Government manufacturing contracts should be awarded where possible to UK companies, Jeremy Corbyn has said, as he outlined for reviving Britain’s industrial base following Brexit.

In a speech to business leaders in Birmingham, which at times veered close to advocating protectionist ideas, the Labour leader called for a UK-first approach to government contracts, as well as investment in infrastructure and skills to support manufacturing.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-jeremy-corbyn

Going back to what Labour used to be in the 70s, a party that put British workers first!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Where can I get a MBGA baseball cap?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Going back to what Labour used to be in the 70s, a party that put British workers first!
      Yet when Trump does that, he's a racist, protectionist moron. Hmmm.

Funny lot these lefties, like how they advocate freedom of speech, so long as they agree with what you say.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Funny lot these lefties, like how they advocate freedom of speech, so long as they agree with what you say.
        I heard Korbyn was in favour of forcing tax havens to comply with Britsh tax laws by force. Its Return of the Empire...

Comment

Nah it was Empire Strikes Back then Return of the Jedi.

Think you have mixed the two up.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Nah it was Empire Strikes Back then Return of the Jedi.

Think you have mixed the two up.

May the Farce be with us. Oh, wait, she is.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Yet when Trump does that, he's a racist, protectionist moron. Hmmm.

Typical white male privilege speaking there.

They're on a bout thin privilege as well now.

Plus-size blogger Stephanie Yeboah agrees with Cora that thin people calling out their own privilege can be helpful.

She tells BBC Three: “I do get annoyed at times when people who are privileged try to compete in the oppression Olympics. It’s OK to say you benefit from privilege."

But Twitter user Ethan Peter, a self-proclaimed “man of exceptional size”, disagrees, and says that he feels like thin people are trying to speak on his behalf.
              Maybe it's time to switch sides over to the pro-WW3 crowd and just get it over and done with. I can't see much hope for our species anymore...
              Last edited by Jog On; 25 July 2018, 10:41.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Maybe it's time to switch sides over to the pro-WW3 crowd and just get it over and done with. I can't see much hope for our species anymore...
                I'm almost sure there was some ancient guy who used to post here who'd agree wholeheartedly with that.

Didn't he have A Cunning Plan or two?

Maybe one is reaching fruition.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Public contracts already go to U.K. companies *where possible*. Where they don’t, perhaps UK companies should be more competitive on price or quality.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    Public contracts already go to U.K. companies *where possible*. Where they don’t, perhaps UK companies should be more competitive on price or quality.

HTH.
                    They can compete far better than WiPro for quality, who can happily promise that they can deliver then feck it up for half the price!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X