• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hooray! House prices to rise even more next year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray! House prices to rise even more next year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6178853.stm

UK house price growth will remain firm in 2007, rising by 5-8% during the year, the Nationwide has said.

Momentum in demand from 2006 and a shortage of properties for sale will support prices in the early part of 2007, the building society predicts.

Nationwide said it expected London and the South East to "drive" the market, seeing price growth of 9-10%.

Boomed!

I say we just take off and nuke the housing market from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
        Oh dear. Haven't missed the orbital drop-ship have you, puppet boy?

Comment

If this carries on, we'll be seeing, for the first time, IT contractors joining the council housing queue along with all the sink estate fodder.

Comment

Tosh. A small ex-council bedsit in an East London drugs den can still be had for under a quarter of a mill.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              Tosh. A small ex-council bedsit in an East London drugs den can still be had for under a quarter of a mill.
              Plus you can make money selling rocks of crack to the local kids. Everyone's a winner.

Comment

Come on socky, dive into the housing pool, the waters fine.

Hock yourself up to the armpits and hope iterest rates don't rise too high.
                This time next year you will be sitting pretty or banckrupt.
                Nothing to worry about there.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                  Come on socky, dive into the housing pool, the waters fine.

Hock yourself up to the armpits and hope iterest rates don't rise too high.
                  This time next year you will be sitting pretty or banckrupt.
                  Nothing to worry about there.
                  I am seriously considering buying a narrow boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                    I am seriously considering buying a narrow boat.
                    Why not become a nurse and buy some "affordable housing" ?

Comment

Working...
                    X