• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Religion increasingly on the back foot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religion increasingly on the back foot

Atheists and secular humanists are winning the long term war:

http://www.secularhumanism.org/index...page=paul_27_1

Happy Saturnalia/Yuletide everyone ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

For every article that points to increasing support for atheism, there'll be another article that points to increasing support for religion.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
      For every article that points to increasing support for atheism, there'll be another article that points to increasing support for religion.
      The difference is atheists will look at hard evidence and numbers, religious loons will rant and rave ...
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

One of the major cause's for the two different point of views is that those who want to argue that religion is increasing count those who are "religious on paper only", aka if asked on a form to state their religion they will put one down (for example I always put down Catholic as that is what I raised as when in reality I am an agnostic who leans towards atheism ), while in reality they probably have not stepped inside a place of worship in years/decades and break the all the rules of their so called faith (especially if said actions don't go against the rules of society) on a daily basis

While those who argue against religion try to discount these people from their calculations

One thing though is certain, religion is once again growing in power/influence if not numbers, mainly due to increased activism by the "true believers", the middle east and the USA being the most obvious examples

Comment

Working...
        X