• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tommy Robinson Freed On Bail By Court Of Appeal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tommy Robinson Freed On Bail By Court Of Appeal

"Tommy Robinson was freed on bail today"
    "Today the Court of Appeal quashed his conviction saying the decision to jail him within five hours of his arrest 'gave rise to unfairness'."
    "A panel of three senior judges also criticised Mr Justice Marson, the judge who sent him to prison, saying he gave 'no clarity' about what parts Facebook Live video were problematic."

Mr Justice Marson .. 'gave no clarity' on reason for sending Robinson to prison

Tommy Robinson .. free on bail, Wed 01 Aug 2018

so what??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      so what??
      Because you said that it means you are just like him.

A racist

or something

Comment

I wonder if he'll be entitled to compensation?

However, the Court of Appeal quashed the finding of contempt this morning and ordered a fresh hearing of the allegation.
        Or perhaps they'll just throw away the key.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I wonder if he'll be entitled to compensation?

Or perhaps they'll just throw away the key.
          oh goody NAT supports unlawful detention - who knew?

It seemed to be politically motivated at the time. Tit Robinson is a scumbag but its not like justice runs that fast normally.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

All the petty criminals jumping up and down with glee that one of their own "got off".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

It seemed to be politically motivated at the time. Tit Robinson is a scumbag but its not like justice runs that fast normally.
              "seemed to be. could have been", so if it was why was his appeal upheld ?

and the outrage ?
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Oh don't be even more of an idiot than you have to be. Nothing I wrote can be construed as supporting unlawful detention. If this was some left wing nutter you'd be the first to be crying that it's a disgrace (and if I supported the legal process, you'd call me a libtard or some such).

I'd say you're a hypocrite, but I think that entails some kind of self-awareness which you have demonstrated again and again you entirely lack.

Since the process by which he was detained was wrong, it's good that he's been released. Since he has a case to answer, it's good that there will be a further, fair hearing.

I hope that they find him guilty (entirely lawfully) and bang him up for a while longer. He seems a nasty piece of work.

sasguru is proved right once again.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Because you said that it means you are just like him.

A racist

or something
                  not at all. it just means i don't give a flying F*** about scumbags like him, or twats like you, for that matter

Comment

The manner of his detention was worrying and I'm glad he's been released (quite possibly temporarily).
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X