• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract - date ammendments, cancellation clause?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract - date ammendments, cancellation clause?

Hi All

I would be very grateful for any advice on the following please:

I was approached by a contractor to supply services on their behalf to a large global company. The "contract" amounted to 24 days covering various sites on certain variable days each month up until Jan 2019.

I have doing the work under a gentleman's agreement as the contractor has taken some time to get the contract together. I am yet to sign the latest version as it does not refer to any cancellation agreement/ rights if for example the client cancels the days or changes the dates. It does allow for cancellation of the contract between the contractor and myself by either of us giving one month's notice.

Now, in the last month the main contractor have said they no longer need me to cover one site reducing my days by 5 to 19 days . They are now also asking me to work different days to appease the client.

I am not happy to have any more days cancelled. So expect to receive payment for 19 days which I have booked for them. I am also unsure about keep changing dates as I am unsure if I will be able to accommodate them.

Does anyone know what would be a suitable cancellation and date amendment clause for such a contract please? I strongly suspect that the client has paid for x days per year and so the main contractor will get paid even if the client cancels, however currently I have nothing in the contract to say I will get paid should this happen. Am I being unreasonable to not allow any further cancellations, even if they gave notice I cannot afford to be dropped when they want

Thank you

Cinderella

Working...
X