• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solve this and get rich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solve this and get rich

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6177555.stm

Phishing for bank customers has boomed this year
    The UK has seen an 8,000% increase in fake internet banking scams in the past two years, the government's financial watchdog has warned.
    The Financial Services Authority (FSA) told peers it was "very concerned" about the growth in "phishing".

The amount of cash stolen in the first half of 2006 was £23.2m, the committee was told, and was likely to be £22.5m in the second half of the year.

Come up with a way to stop idiots entering their security details into phishing sites and I'm sure the banks would bite your hand off.

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6177555.stm

Phishing for bank customers has boomed this year
    The UK has seen an 8,000% increase in fake internet banking scams in the past two years, the government's financial watchdog has warned.
    The Financial Services Authority (FSA) told peers it was "very concerned" about the growth in "phishing".

The amount of cash stolen in the first half of 2006 was £23.2m, the committee was told, and was likely to be £22.5m in the second half of the year.

Come up with a way to stop idiots entering their security details into phishing sites and I'm sure the banks would bite your hand off.
    Give me 5 minutes and a bit of 2 by 4 and i can guarantee that they won't be entering their details into phishing sites again!!

Think the banks will pay me for this???

Comment

It's OK - there's a patch for your browser

If people still enter their details after they have been told the URL is dodgy then feck em - send Ardesco round...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

No wonder theres been an 8000 per cent increase in fhishing with all this rain weve been having.

Stands to reason.

What will they drege up next for news - Lady Di ?

Comment

Didn't know she was working in Ipswich?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
            Didn't know she was working in Ipswich?
            No, she was a post tart.

Comment

Easy. Get rid of internet banking, and instead have the branches open for longer than 10:30 - 15:30 or whatever limp-wristed hours they do.

Is the cheque in the post?

Comment

Take computers off stupid people.

Where do I collect my prize?

Comment

IE7 has a phishing filter built in. So there you go, use a proper browser and you'll be fine.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I knew Microsoft would save us. Bless em.

Comment

Working...
                    X