• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A desperate obsessed lunatic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A desperate obsessed lunatic

I went for a permie interview today, I know, I know. I did it because it is with an organisation that I feel passionate about and have wanted to work for for years.

I am not sure how it went, and I've thought of a couple of better answers since and I wonder if it is worth emailing them, or will it make me look desperate ?

Hmmmm ... difficult call.

Some unqualified advice.

I would tend to say not. Given you're passionate about the company, I'd have thought that may have already been picked up by the interviewer/s.

If you decide to e-mail them, I would say it should be for a very good & highly relevant reason.

Comment

desperate women
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
        I went for a permie interview today, I know, I know. I did it because it is with an organisation that I feel passionate about and have wanted to work for for years.

I am not sure how it went, and I've thought of a couple of better answers since and I wonder if it is worth emailing them, or will it make me look desperate ?
        Yes I feel the same way about working for New Labour HQ.

Comment

I would say not, or rather not in that way. You might suggest a further meeting as based on your discussions to date you have used that information to refine the ways in which you could help this organisation. If you could write up a preliminary action plan as a formal document, this would serve as a useful focus to slipping in your revised answers.

Nothing wrong with emphasising how, having met them, you are very keen indeed to work with them. Depending on the organisation's culture of course, some places (e.g. BT) are put off by gung-ho staff. But only you know best.

Comment

You could do worse than to send them a Christmas Card with a fiver tucked inside.

This level-field approach has been very succesful for moi .

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
              You could do worse than to send them a Christmas Card with a fiver tucked inside.

This level-field approach has been very succesful for moi .

Somehow I don't think a fiver would mean much to someone on £150k

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                Somehow I don't think a fiver would mean much to someone on £150k
                Thats precisely why I get the placements and you dont.

Comment

If you are that obsessed and passionate about the job, then I'd say go for it. The danger is of course that the person would feel they are being 'managed', but if it's that great an organisation they'd welcome your initiative.

Good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Thanks Zip, that is kind.

I don't think I will send in my supplementary answers, the person who interviewed me was very senior, he might think I'm a bit of a nitwit...maybe I didn't do as bad as I think I did.

Oh look, there goes another flock of pigs...

Comment

Working...
                    X