• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

slingbox vs sony location free vs ???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slingbox vs sony location free vs ???

Not your standard newbie question but I was wondering if any of you good folk have used one of the above or something better?

I'm faced with an extended stay in a foreign hotel and thought that taking a bit of telly with could ease the pain.

After their rootkit based DRM thing and their shutting down of Lik Sang I have vowed to never buy anything made Sony again. I even got myself an XBox 360 rather than a PS3 (which if you have avatars enabled will most likely shock you )
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Ive read your post but damned if I can make head or tail of it - perhaps Im getting too old - or too weary.

Anyway its off to the Rotters Club for me - do enjoy the aforementioned new-fangled-whatever-the-devil-it-is...

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
        I even got myself an XBox 360 rather than a PS3 (which if you have avatars enabled will most likely shock you )
        Check

I haven't heard happy things about Sony's offering in general. I don't think I could write the whole company off though - I would need to replace all the A/V kit in m house. Besides they do make really good TVs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
          and their shutting down of Lik Sang I have vowed to never buy anything made Sony again.
          Bastards!

Hadn't realised they'd shut down Lik Sang

I used to be quite a Sony fan but their product reliability, copy protected CDs, rootkits and heavy handed tactics like this really annoys me.

Blu-Ray can go to hell as far as I'm concerned (and that's Sony again using heavy tactics to dominate the market and force prices up).

Comment

Sony are the MS of hardware.

Comment

At least I can make lots of money thanks to MS

If I wanted to develop in some Sony system I'd have to pay them big licence fees for the privilege.

Comment

Working...
              X