• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35, applicability

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35, applicability

I work in IT permanent staff with a company for many years. A significant portion of the business is being sold and staff tuped.
    I am retiring prior to the tupe.
    There has been a discussion about me contracting in the future, perhaps near future.

I am likely to fall inside IR35? I have never worked for the new owners, but my old job would have been tuped to them.

Will you be doing the same job as current/tuped?

What will your working practises be?

Comment

If you are doing the same role you'll be seen as a Friday to Monday contractor so will be very difficult to prove you are outside. Doesn't matter really who the company is, old or new.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

retire. Leave it a few months. Contract to them if you wish but make sure that it's not 'just the same job'.
        You want specific pieces of work, probably project related, and stick to them.

And read all the links to the side to make sure you understand all the ins and outs.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

If the commute is easy, the expenses are low and the rate is good, why not go for it?
          Just because a contract is inside IR35, it shouldn't mean that you should avoid it - it doesn't put all future contracts inside IR35 for example.
          Think of what would be your contract rate, add 30% to it and see what they say.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
          X