• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christian video game draws anger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian video game draws anger

A new Christian video game has sparked calls for a boycott from groups who say it is "training for religious warfare".

The game, Left Behind: Eternal Forces, is based on a wildly successful series of novels about the struggles on earth after true believers ascend to heaven.

Players can command the army of good - the Tribulation Force - against the anti-Christ's Global Community.

The game's makers reject criticism, saying their detractors "have a clear hatred of Biblical Christianity".

An alliance of liberal groups including the Christian Alliance for Progress, the Campaign to Defend the Constitution, and Talk2Action, have urged the giant retailer Wal-Mart, among others, to stop stocking the game, which was released last month.

"It's about religious warfare. The way to win is to convert or kill. You have both the Inquisition and the Crusades," says Frederick Clarkson of Talk2Action.

"Anybody who is not a follower of Jesus is the enemy," he claims.
    Characters can be carried away by angels
    Sorry if we have already done this one
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

So Chico is a games programmer. All makes sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      Sorry if we have already done this one

I dont think Rod and Todd would be allowed to play this!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Ok - here's where I put my head up - and probably collect a lot of abuse off some members here - but as a bible-believing christian (probably fanatic to some of you guys) I would NOT allow my kids to play that game. In fact, they aren't allowed any shooting games that are realistic.
        I am ashamed of games like that, but it is fair to say that it does come out of the USA, where everyone considers a gun to be a human right, and it is another variant of the gun and war games that are out there.

Comment

I have not played this game (is it on XBOX 360?). It should be sold to 18 plus only like Doom and other shoot em up games.
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by dmini
            Ok - here's where I put my head up - and probably collect a lot of abuse off some members here - but as a bible-believing christian (probably fanatic to some of you guys)
            Nothing wrong with being a Christian, sometimes I envy the believers. However, there is everything wrong with trying to shove your beliefs down someone else's throat ala Chico.
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Sounds like a load of old bollocks to me...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                Nothing wrong with being a Christian, sometimes I envy the believers. However, there is everything wrong with trying to shove your beliefs down someone else's throat ala Chico.
                spot on Bob.
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

I agree with Bob.

Couple of points.

1. It is a game, itis not real!

2. (apologies to those who believe) It is a game about a myth!

I do despair of the game designers (and film types too). Why not invent a realm and a god so as not to upset anyone, or maybe the controversy will cause a lot more people to buy it.

I also despair of the PC crowd and the Zealots. Why shouldnt the rest of us take the piss and undermine others belief systems. It would appear that Chco is at liberty to throw disdain at "self styled atheists" at every opportunity. The BNP can be derided with impunity etc....
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                  X