• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit no deal - VAT MOSS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit no deal - VAT MOSS

We're using the VAT MOSS scheme as we sell a digital product to individuals globally including in EU member states. I see in the no deal papers published today that it says:

"If the UK leaves the EU with no agreement, businesses will no longer be able to use the UK’s Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS) portal to report and pay VAT on sales of digital services to consumers in the EU.

Businesses that want to continue to use the MOSS system will need to register for the VAT MOSS non-Union scheme in an EU Member State. This can only be done after the date the UK leaves the EU. The non-union MOSS scheme requires businesses to register by the 10th day of the month following a sale. You will need to register by 10 April 2019 if you make a sale from the 29 to 31 March 2019"

It would seem, at short no-deal notice, we will have 10 days to register in "an EU Member State". Which one exactly and how? Or "Alternatively, a business can register in each EU Member State where sales are made.", that sounds really easy!!

I'll be asking my accountant of course, but anyone else out there on VAT MOSS?

You can register in any EU country, that’s the point of MOSS.

This will likely affect a lot of non-EU businesses who use the U.K. MOSS system too (presumably for language reasons). Ireland might be a good bet?

Comment

Working...
    X