• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice Period T&C supplied after contract end

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice Period T&C supplied after contract end

Quick Overview:
    I work through my own LTD.
    Recruitment agency offers me an assignment for 4 days only on a very short notice.
    I started on the 21st and on my 2nd day (22nd) of my assignment got told by the agency that the client have asked them to give me my notice, effective the same day. I was also told that as I have a 24hr notice period I will be paid for tomorrow (23rd). This is through no fault of mine if that matters.

The next day (23rd) I got access to the agency portal where all contract documents were uploaded the same day and it states:
    1. For the purposes of the Contract Number 923546 the Notice Period means 1 day; the Supplier has the
    right to terminate this Assignment by giving the Company written notice of at least 1 week.
    My question is: Do I have the right to expect to be paid for the 4 days I was contracted for, when the T&C stating 1 day notice period were only created after I was given my notice and I was not aware of these when I accepted the assignment?

Thank you.

No. Don't be silly.

Your contact may extend for a few more days, but you won't have any work to do and therefore no right to payment. Move on to the next role.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
    X