• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you beach body ready

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you beach body ready

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45352622

Sadiq is...

58K for that?? Damn...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You can smell the disappointment of the gammons who instigated and paid for it - it was approved by City Hall straightaway.
      They were hoping it was going to be banned so they could get all worked up and angry, which is what they love best.

Mr Khan said: "If people want to spend their Saturday looking at me in a yellow bikini they're welcome to do so.

"I don't really think yellow's my colour though."

Last edited by sasguru; 30 August 2018, 14:37.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        You can smell the disappointment of the gammons who instigated and paid for it - it was approved by City Hall straightaway.
        They were hoping it was going to be banned so they could get all worked up and angry, which is what they love best.

Mr Khan said: "If people want to spend their Saturday looking at me in a yellow bikini they're welcome to do so.

"I don't really think yellow's my colour though."

Assuming that quote is correct, that's about the best reaction he could have possibly had. The reason it works so well for someone like Trump is his vanity and ego.

Comment

It doesn't really look like him anyway.

Comment

it will probably get stabbed before Saturday.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Unfortunately this balloon has backfired spectacularly, flying it will simply be hugely embarrassing for the organisers. It just doesn't work.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

It is a total waste of money. Don't think there's a lot Kahn can do about violent London crime without more government funding. Big rate rises to fund more police would just put more people out of work and indirectly raise crime.

Given the relation to drug dealing, more investment in border controls by the government would help more. This problem is now spreading beyond London.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  It is a total waste of money. Don't think there's a lot Kahn can do about violent London crime without more government funding. Big rate rises to fund more police would just put more people out of work and indirectly raise crime.

Given the relation to drug dealing, more investment in border controls by the government would help more. This problem is now spreading beyond London.
                  reinstate stop & search which Mayor Khan opposed in 2015 and is now supporting again. By all means target it more efficiently and encourage community leaders to review footage of stop & search. Where criminals start weapon caches to avoid carrying weapons all the time then predict & manage that.

Crime responds to risk. The more likely to get caught and severely punished the less likely you are to commit crime.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    It doesn't really look like him anyway.
                    I thought it was Mr Bean

Comment

Working...
                    X