• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My idea for combating Global Warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My idea for combating Global Warming

Leaving aside the root causes and accepting that the planet is warming, my plans to combat the effects would start as follows :-

Rising sea levels are likely to cause damage to coastal areas. In order to fight this we should build large booms which could harness the power of the waves and produce electricity whilst it is preventing tidal damage to low-lying coastal regions.
    On top of these booms mount a large number of wind turbines to further create energy from the winds. We could also encase it to some degree with solar panels. The arrays would be creating so much electricity they would be glowing in the bloody dark.
    Finally, to complete the project, we mount gun turrets at strategic points to "aid in the fight" against illegal immigration whilst simultaneously giving the Armed Forces ready-made firing ranges.
    Let's spend the green pound as wisely as possible.

SB in "making Britain greener" mode
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

A ban on all political speeches - think of the CO2 put into our lovely planets atmostphere by these windbags.

Comment

Now more nonsene from these damn WMD maverics

Nuclear weapons pose the single biggest threat to the Earth's environment, scientists have warned.

In a new study of the potential global impacts of nuclear blasts, an American team found even a small-scale war would quickly devastate the world's climate and ecosystems, causing damage that would last for more than a decade.

Speaking at the American Geophysical Union's meeting in San Francisco yesterday, Richard Turco of UCLA said detonating between 50 and 100 bombs - just 0.03% of the world's arsenal - would throw enough soot into the atmosphere to create climactic anomalies unprecedented in human history

So simple solution - get rid of the Geophysical Scientists !

Sorted !

PS Trident upgrade anybody ???

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
        So simple solution - get rid of the Geophysical Scientists !

Sorted !

PS Trident upgrade anybody ???
        Always think of two birds with one stone, Alfred.

I suggest that Pruffock Enterprises helps Sysman Dodgy Dealings Inc to acquire "obsolete" Tridents with the aim of flogging 'em to BOFHs who have serious luser problems.

P.S. To be taken seriously in this new arms race, I suggest a joint venture motto of "No deal done without cash bung".
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

If many nuclear devices are detonated the sky will be covered and as a result there will be nuclear winter.
          Surely this can be used to combat global warming.just detonate enough number of nuclear bombs to neutralise global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            If many nuclear devices are detonated the sky will be covered and as a result there will be nuclear winter.
            Surely this can be used to combat global warming.just detonate enough number of nuclear bombs to neutralise global warming.
            Brilliant - why didn't I think of that?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Sometimes it feels like I'm in a pub with a load of drunks

Comment

Gw

It's like half the country wants sh1tty weather and are even prepared to pay to make sure its freezing in the winter.

I'm entirely happy that December isn't as cold as it used to be, you never know perhaps more pensioners will survive the new 'global warming' assisted winters, maybe they'll be fewer road deaths with the abscence of black ice and all our fuel bills will reduce because we won't need to consume so much gas/electricity to warm our homes (surely there's some sort of balance here?). I just hope that we have really hot summers, I'll save a bomb on flights and hotel bills in far away places.

We can however rest assured that whatever the green nutters get our MP's to do it'll only be money because there's absolutely nothing they can do to change anything that's happening, China, USA etc..

Every time a green nutter bangs on about global warming I make sure that I leave on a few more computers and monitors before I leave the office, there's no way I'm going to help the nutters kill pensioners and pedestrians and line the pockets of power companies ;-)
                Last edited by vista; 15 December 2006, 17:22.

Comment

I do all I can to pump out as much CO2 as possible.

I'm with David Bellamy on this one.

Drive a V8, help a tree breathe!

Comment

Prawn's new bumper sticker...

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    Drive a V8, help a tree breathe!

Comment

Working...
                    X