• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speaking clock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking clock

What number do you dial these days to get the speaking clock?

Originally posted by Mustang

HTH

Comment

heh, if that's right that must confuse the hell out of americans who come over here to go on holiday and get into an emergency...

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
        Does anyone actually ever phone the speaking clock any more?

I expect that given the probable low frequency of calls, they could employ an actual person with a watch to pick up the phone and answer:

"Hello, yeah - umm the time, yeah, as brought to you by my 9 year old CASIO wristwatch is umm ten twenty seven and thirty eight seconds, precisely. That's okay mate, no worries, have a good one".

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I phoned it the other day after spending about 20 mins searching for the number....

Comment

I just press a button on the mobile and say "Time please"...

But the number is 123.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              heh, if that's right that must confuse the hell out of americans who come over here to go on holiday and get into an emergency...

AFAIK 911 will give emergency services in the UK as it's more widely associated than 999.

As Mal said it's 123 for the speaking clock

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                AFAIK 911 will give emergency services in the UK as it's more widely associated than 999.
                Yes - I think Lucy was making a "joke"

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                  Yes - I think Lucy was making a "joke"

You reckon - I never can tell.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

It must be 15+ years since I used the service but I keep looking at my watch/PC's/kitchen clock and they all seem to say different times! I think the last time I used it, it was something like 8081!

Comment

Working...
                    X