• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick contract and back to perm.. P45?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick contract and back to perm.. P45?

The company I am currently contracting for asked me to become permanent. The offer was very good so I accepted. Now they are asking me for the P45 but not sure what to give.

This was my very first contract (3 months) and my first job in this tax year. I created the LTD and I am the sole director. I haven't decided myself on an accountant yet so I haven't done anything with the company, all the money are still in the company bank account untouched, so I haven't received any money from the company.

Do I need to produce a P45 with everything at £0? Can I produce one myself or I need an accountant?

My plan is to close the LTD and get all the money out, but this will require some time (and an accountant of course)..

Sorry for the many questions / confusion, hopefully someone can help. Thank you!

Originally posted by francesco6 View Post
    The company I am currently contracting for asked me to become permanent. The offer was very good so I accepted. Now they are asking me for the P45 but not sure what to give.

This was my very first contract (3 months) and my first job in this tax year. I created the LTD and I am the sole director. I haven't decided myself on an accountant yet so I haven't done anything with the company, all the money are still in the company bank account untouched, so I haven't received any money from the company.

Do I need to produce a P45 with everything at £0? Can I produce one myself or I need an accountant?

My plan is to close the LTD and get all the money out, but this will require some time (and an accountant of course)..

Sorry for the many questions / confusion, hopefully someone can help. Thank you!
    So get an accountant and let him do it?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes, sure I will, problem is they are asking to give some information tomorrow (not sure what to write on the paye starter checklist either), and the matter has been raised on Thu, so was asking for advice here first.

Comment

If to much bother don’t bother, they just really want your tax code - and will just put you on an emergency one - tax office will amend over the next few months anyway

Not a big deal

Comment

Working...
        X