• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft reader is no longer available for PDF's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft reader is no longer available for PDF's

Every time I must use windows I'm running through hoops. I don't have access to the internet on the windaz computer yet the update has reduced the capability of the machine to a paperweight.

fecken windows, been only using it 5 minutes and I'm ready to punch the wall.

rant over
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I've looked into your problem, and it's clear that the problem lies somewhere between keyboard and chair. Do you still have the boxes the computer came in?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Every time I must use windows I'm running through hoops. I don't have access to the internet on the windaz computer yet the update has reduced the capability of the machine to a paperweight.

rant over
      Create a hotspot using your mobile and then connect the pc to the hotspot and download ms reader.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I've looked into your problem, and it's clear that the problem lies somewhere between keyboard and chair. Do you still have the boxes the computer came in?
        Yes - it's my fault. Of course. Dear Microsoft, accept my apologies. Here have some money.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

rant over
          Edge reads PDFs.

HTH
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

rant over
            We can but hope that becomes a permanent situation...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Doing my accounts and finding Office 2016 Excel has got v slow. Change a cell and wait seconds for mouse to move. No idea why, no VBA, and only same links as I have very year.

rant NOT over. My ranting is never over, just moves from subject to subject.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Doing my accounts and finding Office 2016 Excel has got v slow. Change a cell and wait seconds for mouse to move. No idea why, no VBA, and only same links as I have very year.

rant NOT over. My ranting is never over, just moves from subject to subject.
                Same experience here. Copy-paste between cells causes a freeze for a couple of seconds, a powerful workstation too.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                  Same experience here. Copy-paste between cells causes a freeze for a couple of seconds, a powerful workstation too.
                  It's a plot to make you switch to M$ Money.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Check for large tables? I had a worksheet where I created some YUGE tables to 'allow for expansion', when performance suffered, cutting them down to the actual realistic size restored it.

But in general, I agree. Fed up with functionality being changed or removed.

The Groove Music iOS and Android apps will be retired on December 1, 2018. After that date, the apps won't work and should be uninstalled
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X