• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fiat currency - is it doomed to failure?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiat currency - is it doomed to failure?

Can't be the only one observing the failing of fiat money from emerging economies. Venezuela, Turkey, Argentina, South Africa, whose next?!

Brazil will be next me thinks

I imagine UAE is on the list for picking, stories coming out of Dubai just don't stop: Dubai Builder Sees Property Slump Lasting for Years

Perhaps China in the coming months and then the US
    Last edited by scooterscot; 5 September 2018, 07:22.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Betteridge's law of headlines - Wikipedia

Comment

What's the fix? Lemme guess.. Crypto?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Can't be the only one observing the failing of fiat currency from emerging economies. Venezuela, Turkey, Argentina, South Africa, whose next?!

I imagine UAE is on the list for picking, stories coming out of Dubai just don't stop: Dubai Builder Sees Property Slump Lasting for Years

Read this:

https://www.bullionvault.com/gold-ne...polo_072120083

China has a long history of misusing paper money. It's not the system that's the problem, it's the thieving governments and their corruption that's the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          What's the fix? Lemme guess.. Crypto?
          Yep. Be ready for scooter's ICO....coming soon....!

Comment

"Fiat currency" is EUR and USD - proper reserve currencies, everything else is a variable.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Can't be the only one observing the failing of fiat currency from emerging economies. Venezuela, Turkey, Argentina, South Africa, whose next?!

Upon seeing any question with the words "currency" and "Venezuela" in it, you really do have to question the sanity of the person asking the question. In this case, it's Scooty, so we already know the answer...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                "Fiat currency" is EUR and USD - proper reserve currencies, everything else is a variable.

HTH
                I thought it was what you used in the canteen at the big factory in Turin.

Comment

The US will prevent any other currency becoming strong enough to challenge it as the global currency, until something is good enough and trusted enough to become a gold-backed currency. Which means the USD is safe for a long time to come yet. Sorry scoots.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    The US will prevent any other currency becoming strong enough to challenge it as the global currency, until something is good enough and trusted enough to become a gold-backed currency. Which means the USD is safe for a long time to come yet. Sorry scoots.
                    I'm not so sure. I think the US dollar will divide into various forms of US dollar between the states. Like New York state dollar, Californian dollar etc. But only four or five states, the rest will be stuck with a deprecating original dollar.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X