• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Friday, and has my agent paid me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Friday, and has my agent paid me?

No.

I don't know why I'm suprised as it's the second time I've worked through this agent and the first time it took 3 weeks to get the first weekly payment (which they blamed on admin of course).

The problem is now they'll use that stupid vaguely religious holiday as an excuse not to pay me before January.

Grrrr.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

And you doing all that commutin and all.

Hows the Vectra?

Comment

Name & shame
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
        Name & shame
        Vauxhall Vectra?
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
          Hows the Vectra?
          The Vectra long since expired in steam and blown head gaskets. I'm really PrimeraMan these days.

The agent is kind of named after a body part, and is based in Hampshire....
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

paid weekly !!!!

Milan.

Comment

I havent invoiced my agent for 7 weeks and I am owed by my previous agent for some work just before that.

Now if I can be bothered to invoice I think I'm owed around £20000.

Mmmm. Might get around to that in a minute.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                I havent invoiced my agent for 7 weeks and I am owed by my previous agent for some work just before that.

Now if I can be bothered to invoice I think I'm owed around £20000.

Mmmm. Might get around to that in a minute.
                I'd wait until you start your next contract. Some time next month?

Comment

"I'd wait until you start your next contract. Some time next month?"

You might be right!!! I have been offered a contract to start in the Jan. I am presently renogiating my rate with my present contract who has offered me an extension but I want more moolah. The Jan, pays more but is a longer journey

'Oh. It's hard to be humble. I'm trying as hard as I can. Oh it's hard to be humble'
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                    "I'd wait until you start your next contract. Some time next month?"

You might be right!!! I have been offered a contract to start in the Jan. I am presently renogiating my rate with my present contract who has offered me an extension but I want more moolah. The Jan, pays more but is a longer journey

'Oh. It's hard to be humble. I'm trying as hard as I can. Oh it's hard to be humble'
                    Chinned anybody yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X