• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

foia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foia

Hi

Will it be possible to use foia/gdpr to obtain day rates of other contractors working on my public sector client.

Originally posted by saurabh1 View Post
    Hi

Will it be possible to use foia/gdpr to obtain day rates of other contractors working on my public sector client.
    No.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hi

No, there is an exemption for "Commercial interests" which rates are classed as, you are however more than free to ask everyone to tell you their rate though
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Try asking them

Comment

No.

Commercial payments are exempt from FOI where they would prejudice someones commercial interests.

GDPR would specifically prohibit that information being provided about an individual, but not a business. It is not a tool for requesting disclosure other than in relation to your own personal data.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Try asking them
            Will they have to tell me, what if they say no?

Comment

You'll be able to sue them for the information under Section 86. Tell them that unless they want to see you in court, they should forward you their contracts/schedules of work with the relevant information.

Comment

You've had 3 answers telling you exactly the same thing with explanations why. So why are you hanging on to the only post that doesn't answer your original question?

You can ask and they'll tell you know as has already been explained to you.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No they won't have to tell you.
                  If they say no, then you will have your answer.

Looking at your posting history, I'm not sure that contracting is for you.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

So, the answer is no (apart from 1 who recognised that this is General).
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X