• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many weeks/days did you work 2006?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many weeks/days did you work 2006?

Well I've just toted up my contracting for the year. I only contracted 166.5 days this year over 8 clients. (4 of them as an associate for a consultancy)

Took six weeks off for the baby being born. Lost two weeks at the beginning of the year due to a termination & closed the shop mid year.

So I landed up working on 38weeks(which total 166.5 days, 33.5 weeks).

I may rejig my plan for the new year as 46 weeks isn't realistic unless you get a 12 monther. If you have two six monthers, then surely you're looking at max 44 weeks.

Going to work on 200 days for next year. What does everyone else plan for?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I worked 250 days this year

Admittedly having a Plan B that I can pick up at a days notice is really good.

Was a permie first 6 months of year (130 days), first contract was 10 weeks in the end (50 days), other 70 or so days spent on a combination of LGV driving and TA training. Even some of the "holiday" I took I got paid for as it was classed as training by the TA... £600 for 2 weeks adventure training in Gibraltar (flights & accomidation paid for by HM purse)

Now just waiting to see if my £1500 tax free retainer comes this year.

Comment

At least 500.

Well, that's what I've billed.

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It's a secret.

Comment

240 days, 2 x 6 month contracts, no holidays.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
            240 days, 2 x 6 month contracts, no holidays.
            Same.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              At least 500.

Well, that's what I've billed.

You must be a solicitor.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

41 weeks ish, so 205 working days ish that I was paid for. I did some fixed price work, so I'm not entirely sure how much I actually worked in that time, and I had 6 weeks on the bench where I was trying to come up with some sort of plan B. So in total I'd probably say 47 weeks.

Which was nice.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Too many days...and not any holiday...which is cr@p considering you are a long time dead and there are more important things than work.

BGG in "sick of IT" mode
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Too many days.

I have had two one-week holidays and the odd day not working here and there but that's it. Also had to do jury service which doesn't really count.

Not working over Christmas either - now I have written all that down I don't sound as hard done by as I feel.

I was on the bench for three months in 2005 so it has gone from one extreme to the other. One of my reasons for contracting was to have more time off between gigs so I must try harder next year to do less work.

Comment

Working...
                    X