• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair in Iraq to bury bad news at home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blair in Iraq to bury bad news at home

To get away from the mess he's created in the UK, Blair has popped over to Iraq to survey the mess he's created out there.

Presumably to try and knock all the home shit off the front pages.

Hopefully he will be assasinated while he is there. Well it wouldn't be a loss of innocent life would it?
    Last edited by pisces; 17 December 2006, 13:06.

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
      Hopefully he will be assasinated while he is there. Well it wouldn't be a loss of innocent life would it?
      No, but it would rob us of a chance to bring him to trial first.

If he was assassinated then the Labour party would spin it to rewrite history to clear his name.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Not unlikely considering he is no longer of any use to the Americans. Doubt he will stay the week as Prime Minister. My bet is a resignation on Thursday 21st Dec.

Just think, Gordon Brownstuff for PM as this years fsck you very much xmas present from UK gov to the populace.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Not unlikely considering he is no longer of any use to the Americans. Doubt he will stay the week as Prime Minister. My bet is a resignation on Thursday 21st Dec.

Just think, Gordon Brownstuff for PM as this years fsck you very much xmas present from UK gov to the populace.
          I'm off to the bookies on that tip. Can you be a bit more precise on the time on Thursday? Even something like before 9am, 9-12, 12-3pm, 3pm-6pm, or after 6pm would be useful.

If he really wanted an F-U then about 11 am on Friday just before the London Stock Exchange closes until Wednesday would be a good one.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

This is an odd year as the year end is on a Sunday, which is why I discounted Friday.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              This is an odd year as the year end is on a Sunday, which is why I discounted Friday.
              Hummm, yeah, right!!!?!!

Sorry, that sort of logic is too feminine for me.
              Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                Hummm, yeah, right!!!?!!

Sorry, that sort of logic is too feminine for me.
                Perhaps what he means is that Friday is de facto Christmas Eve, and so everyone will be too busy in traffic jams, shops and pubs to notice his resignation, let alone descend on Downing Street weeping and calling for him to reconsider.

That has just reminded me of that internal Downing Street memo to Blair explaining why Labour did crap at the most recent local elections: "The people were angry with you Tony, because they love you and they think you are going to leave them." At PMQs Cameron brought much merriment from all sides of the house when he called it "The view from the bunker!"

Comment

Overheard in Israel's cabinet office this morning: "Oh fuck it, already! Guess who's turned up."

Comment

Didn't Cheris sister blurt out the date he was retiring when she was in the jungle? I am sure she did.

<thinks>Cheri, hmmm must post that letter.</thinks>
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X