• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broken self billing system what are my options

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken self billing system what are my options

My agency uses a self billing worksheet system. It's not been working for the last four weeks and I have been unable to bill. My client is abroad so my outlays are high. There has been no movement forward. I need those payments and I need them quicker than 2-3 months. What options do I have to submit a backdated invoice?
    The contract constrains me to the timesheet system but if there isn't a working timesheet system what's our rights to be paid?
    I should mention there were delays at the start of this too of up to a month because of their new system. it's one of those agencies that charges you % to get your money earlier but they have delayed mine through their lack of service to the point it's become an issue.
    HELP

Got IPSE?

If not I’d send a backdated invoice with some fairly tight terms, say 7 days
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      Got IPSE?

If not I’d send a backdated invoice with some fairly tight terms, say 7 days
      This. Do it today and follow up with a polite but clear phone call. Follow up that with an email summarising the phone call. Do not accept delays. Run a credit check.

Comment

Agree with the IPSE assistance.
        I'd also discuss with the client as the agency relationship is 2-way, and if they're having financial troubles the client need to be know. Strictly speaking you shouldn't discuss agency business with the client but as you've not been paid I'd be inclined to cross that bridge.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by luimneach2005 View Post
          My agency uses a self billing worksheet system. It's not been working for the last four weeks and I have been unable to bill. My client is abroad so my outlays are high. There has been no movement forward. I need those payments and I need them quicker than 2-3 months. What options do I have to submit a backdated invoice?
          The contract constrains me to the timesheet system but if there isn't a working timesheet system what's our rights to be paid?
          I should mention there were delays at the start of this too of up to a month because of their new system. it's one of those agencies that charges you % to get your money earlier but they have delayed mine through their lack of service to the point it's become an issue.
          HELP
          And as you appear to be from Limerick, you presumably have persuasive relatives who can put the frighteners on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            but as you've not been paid I'd be inclined to cross that bridge.
            Definitely! They are about to lose their contractor, through no fault of your own or theirs. They are the ones in a position to apply real pressure.

I'd just tell them that XYZ Agency is X days in arrears on their payments to you, that they are telling you it is a timesheet problem but timesheet problems don't pay your bills, and it may end up being a problem for your ability to continue in the contract if it continues. You wanted them to be aware of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              And as you appear to be from Limerick, you presumably have persuasive relatives who can put the frighteners on them.

Comment

Originally posted by luimneach2005 View Post
                Exactly.

Comment

Can you not just send them an invoice?

I see this a lot where clients dictate how they want to be invoiced, even down to systems that charge for their use. Surely any kind of invoice is as equally binding? I send you an invoice, you pay it - it doesn't matter what format it's in. Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
                    Can you not just send them an invoice?

I see this a lot where clients dictate how they want to be invoiced, even down to systems that charge for their use. Surely any kind of invoice is as equally binding? I send you an invoice, you pay it - it doesn't matter what format it's in. Or am I missing something?
                    Yeah, self billing is just an agency doing you a favour and keeping things in a way that is accurate to their records, but I doubt it's legally binding that you must use it in all circumstances
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                    X