• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

worth a watch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worth a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqCNTopdBBs

Nutty geezer: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...leanse/567613/

“Well, I have a negative story,” said Peterson. “Both Mikhaila and I noticed that when we restricted our diet and then ate something we weren’t supposed to, the reaction was absolutely catastrophic.” He gives the example of having had some apple cider and subsequently being incapacitated for a month by what he believes was an inflammatory response.

“You were done for a month?”

“Oh yeah, it took me out for a month. It was awful ...”

“Apple cider? What was it doing to you?”

“It produced an overwhelming sense of impending doom. I seriously mean overwhelming. There’s no way I could’ve lived like that. But see, Mikhaila knew by then that it would probably only last a month.”

“A month? From ******* cider?”

“I didn’t sleep that month for 25 days. I didn’t sleep at all for 25 days.”

“What? How is that possible?”

“I’ll tell you how it’s possible: You lay in bed frozen in something approximating terror for eight hours. And then you get up.”

The longest recorded stretch of sleeplessness in a human is 11 days, witnessed by a Stanford research team.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I imagine he meant he didn't sleep well for 25 days.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

I read (or tried to) read his book. A mish-mash of essentially bollux - appeals to a certain type of loser mediocrity.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

After 25 days you'd be dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_insomnia

Not a pleasant way to go.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I got an advert for persil and turned it off. What was it supposed to be?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

I read (or tried to) read his book. A mish-mash of essentially bollux - appeals to a certain type of loser mediocrity.
              Ah that explains why you tried to read his book,
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Ah that explains why you tried to read his book,
                Non sequitur again. I tried to read the book because it had a lot of publicity, to see what it was all about.
                You really should stop showing how stupid you are, we know already.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Non sequitur again. I tried to read the book because it had a lot of publicity, to see what it was all about.
                  You really should stop showing how stupid you are, we know already.
                  yep my IQ is equivalent of 22 AssGoos
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    yep my IQ is equivalent of 22 AssGoos
                    22 x 0.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X